Celebrate the 4th of July with these cracklingly delicious, healthier version of chocolate chip cookies!
3 cookie sandwiches or 6-8 cookies
- 135g Coconut oil, melted
- 162g Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg
- 144g Buckwheat Flour
- 180g Dark Chocolate – I used a combination of 90% chocolate and Ombar chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), Gas mark 5. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Add the egg and sift the flour in, blend again until everything is combined.
- Break the chocolate into pieces (the pieces don’t need to be too small) and blend for another 15-20 seconds.
- Use a medium-sized ice cream scoop or a large tablespoon to spoon the dough onto the baking tray.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are nice and golden then transfer on to a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Whilst the cookies are cooling, use food colouring pens (as seen in the picture below) to decorate your cookies with the colours of the American flag!
- To create the cookie sandwich wait for the cookies to cool. Once the cookies have cooled use a small (either 2cm or 2.7cm) round cookie cutter to divide the dough into two parts and onto two separate plates (the bottom half of the sandwich on one plate and the top half on another). Spread a Nobó flavour of your choice (I used Vanilla + Coconut) on top of the bottom half of the sandwich then place the top half on top of the frozen goodness.
Enjoy + happy 4th July to all my American friends!